HomeTop Tips for Brushing Teeth
Our top brushing tips for healthy teeth are:
- Brush your teeth at least twice per day (after breakfast and after dinner).
- Brush with a soft round bristle toothbrush.
- Place your toothbrush where the gum meets the tooth, at a 45degree angle (enabling you to clean under the gum line). Bacteria accumulate along the tooth at the gum line, so it is essential to focus on this area.
- Brush your gums very gently. (The correct brushing motion is a circular massaging technique along the gum line rather than vigorous brushing back and forth. Vigorous brushing can injure your gums.)
- Use a tongue scraper to clean your tongue which will remove additional bacteria and freshen your breath.
- Replace your toothbrush every three to four months or after an illness, whichever comes first.
- Use a toothpaste with added fluoride for cavity protection.
Contact West Hills Family Dentistry Center today for more tips on improving your dental health, call (503) 291-0000 or click here to email us.